Presentation of the school
PhD is the third and higher formation level of university.
Interpreting the PhD education in the spirit of the Salzburg’s principles, to guarantee an adequate recognition to its importance and a regulation that homogenizes it to that of European and non-European doctorates, a Doctorate School in “Engineering Science” at the Polytechnic University of Marche was activated.
The school has the purpose of supervising and rationalizing the expected activities of the three doctorate schools (each one organized in curricula) of the engineering faculty. This guarantees an optimal level of blending of the resources and of the scientific knowledge and offers PhD students adequate research structures and high levels of scientific quality and productivity.
While respecting the specific cultural needs, the purpose of the school is to favor interdisciplinarity and the acquisition of transversal knowledge, together with the specific skills of every field of research. This is obtained with the didactic offer organized by the school and encouraging the international mobility and in compliance with the principles of the European Charter of Researchers.
Considering the interdisciplinary nature of the knowledge developed in an engineering faculty, the school’s intent is to meet the requirements of a labour market larger than the purely academic one.
This means that the school should not be focused only on the education of researchers but also of innovators, capable of transferring knowledge to industries and public administration and of leading activities of industrial research and development.
- NEWS from Ph.D School
- Didactic offer for AA-2021/22
- Regulation of the PhD school in engineering science
- School council and meeting minutes
- Didactic regulation of the school
- Didactic offer for 2020/21
- Didactic offer for 2019/20
- Didactic offer for 2018/19
- Procedure and deadlines of the final exam
- Doctor Europaeus certification
Ph.D School in Engineering Science
- Doctorate in Industrial Engineering
- Doctorate in Information Engineering
- Doctorate in Civil, Environmental, Building Engineering and Architecture
Pages dedicated to the PhD program on the university web page
(here are the regulation and administrative info)