Environmental Engineering - AIMS
The main aim of Master of Science course in Environmental Engineering, by using an interdisciplinary approach, is to train professionals experts in development, planning, design and management of systems, interventions, facilities and infrastructures in the environmental field.
The course is suitable for students who have a good knowledge of English and a keen interest in team work.
The MSc programme builds on the basic knowledge that the student has acquired during the three-year Bachelor’s degree course in Civil and Environmental Engineering, or other equivalent courses, and enhances and integrates this with more specialized contents which are applicable to traditional or innovative sectors.
All the lectures, training and materials, are delivered to students in English by Italian and International professors from European universities. In this way, the Course offers internationally oriented training and facilitates the acquisition of specific technical and scientific vocabulary that will prove useful in national and international contexts.
Master’s Degree graduates in Environmental Engineering will be able to carry out the following activities:
- analysis of complex and transversal issues in environment and land protection;
- monitoring and modelling of environmental systems,
- identification of engineering solutions for soil conservation, protection of the environment and land, water resources, pollution reduction and enhancement of energy and natural resources;
- design of conventional and advanced engineering solutions and environmental engineering structural and infrastructural works;
- environmental impact assessment of interventions and engineering works and authorisation procedures;
- management and control of even highly complex plants and works .
The fundamental skills developed will allow graduates to gain considerable competence in the management of natural and land resources, environmental works and complex technological systems. The training programme employs conventional and established methods as well as a technological innovation-based approach. Graduates in Environmental Engineering acquire interdisciplinary competencies covering many themes, which allow them to develop their own judgment, excellent communication skills and remarkable learning ability.